Saturday, July 23, 2011

Why The Change?

If you asked me three years ago what my future goals and aspirations were, I would have said something like: go to college, get a high paying job, live in a big city, and wear designer clothes :) Since then, God has opened my eyes to His plan for my life. I have discovered that this life is not my own (Galatians 2:20). Of all the learning and growing I have done in the past three years, the most important thing God has taught me is the necessity to make disciples. If I am going to call myself a "Christian" meaning Christ-follower, and not follow the example His life led for us then I might as well give up now. I will not be a partial Christian. The commandment is clear and the example is evident, we must make disciples. 


And that's where Emily and Jennifer come in. I met Emily at the Santa Fe South Bible Club I coordinate each Monday. I have known her for over a year now and we have grown to be best friends. Soon after meeting Emily I quickly discovered the life that surrounded her was lacking truth. But God had a plan when he brought her into my life and gave me the love that I needed to reach out. Emily was saved at Bible Club and I had the great honor of being there and hearing her declare her need for a Savior. She is now a growing follower of Christ and her passion for God is contagious to all who meet her.


As a result of her outspoken love for God Emily invited Jennifer, her next door neighbor to church with her. Not long after Jennifer had been coming to church for a while did she also accept Christ and publicly declare her choice by baptism. Both Emily and Jennifer have been baptized and continue to grow in their walk with the Lord.


Today you might find us hanging out downtown, going swimming, laughing in the tree house, or reading the Bible together. I will be using this blog to share what the Lord teaches me through this new journey and how He uses me to reach others for His kingdom. Keep reading to hear more about God's story in the life of this plan ordinary girl and the call He has placed  on my life to disciple others.
Jennifer is on the left and Emily is in the middle. The little girl in the front is Jadyn, Jennifer's little sister.

No comments: